Proper Use Statement
OPERATION WORLD - A MINISTRY OF WEC INTERNATIONAL (UK) International, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship USA, doing business as InterVarsity Press, and Global Mapping International, (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Parties") have provided all the content and services included on this website, www.OperationWorld.org, (hereinafter the “Website”) including but not limited to the Operation World text and materials (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Content”) and made it available on the internet for your personal use only. Any other use including, but not limited to, copying or re-posting the Content on the internet is prohibited. The Content may not be altered or modified in any form but must remain in its original context.
For the purpose of online access, the Content may not be sold or otherwise offered for sale, to include online banner ads that encapsulate linkages to the Content for the purpose of selling online ad space. The use of commercial online advertisement is strictly prohibited with the display of the Content. This online Content is to remain a non-commercial and advertisement-free resource.
- Copyright. The Content is the property of the Parties, or their content suppliers, and is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and worldwide by various copyright and intellectual property laws and treaties. You do not acquire ownership rights to any of the Content through the use of this Website. You agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in this Website. By accessing and/or using the Content in any way, you acknowledge the validity and enforceability of the Parties, or their content suppliers, copyright in the Content and agree that you will not in any way infringe, either directly or indirectly, the Parties, or their content suppliers, copyrights in and to the Content.
- Trademarks. All trademarks, service marks, and logos used in this Website (hereinafter the “Marks”) are the intellectual property of the Parties, or their content suppliers. Other Marks of the Parties, or their content suppliers, may be added from time to time to this Website. In order to preclude confusion among our visitors, Marks of the Parties, or their content suppliers, may not be used in any manner in connection with any product or service that is not a product or service of the owner of the Mark in question, without the prior written consent of the applicable owner. By accessing and/or using this Website, you acknowledge the validity and enforceability of the Parties, or their content suppliers, Marks and agree that you will not in any way infringe, either directly or indirectly, the Marks of the Parties, or their content suppliers.
- General Use. No part of the Content may be reproduced in any format or media, without permission in writing from the publisher, except for limited portions quoted in print format only, for the purposes of research, private study or criticism, reviews or news reporting as permitted by the doctrine of “fair use” under the applicable US and international copyright laws; provided all the following conditions are met:
- Each single use or distribution of the Content in print format may contain no more than one (1) prayer calendar day, or less than twenty-five percent (25%) of an appendix or other non-calendar section.
- The number of copies produced and/or distributed which include extracts from the Content is less than 50.
- All such use or distribution of the Content must be free of charge or at cost, and not for re-sale of any kind.
- Extracts quoted from the Content must not misrepresent or distort the meaning or context of the Content used.
- Extracts quoted from the Content are clearly delineated and identified from other material using the copyright notice template from section 4 of this Agreement.
- Extracts must be quoted verbatim.
- Copyright Notices. Whenever any portion of the Operation World text is reproduced in any format, notice of copyright ownership must appear on the title or copyright page or opening screen of the work as follows.
“Taken from the Operation World website (www.OperationWorld.org), <insert date of download from website>, Copyright © 2010 by Jason Mandryk.”
If the reproduction is in a web page or other comparable online format, the preceding notice must appear on each page on which the Operation World text is reproduced.
- Permission Requests. Permission requests for use of the Operation World text or the Content that exceeds the above guidelines should be directed to, and approved in writing by Rights and Permissions, InterVarsity Press, PO Box 1400, Downers Grove, IL 60515. firstname.lastname@example.org. Permission requests should state, (i) the exact portion(s) to be quoted, (ii) the medium in which those portions will be quoted, (iii) the purpose and distribution of the medium and, (iv) the quantity to be used/distributed.
- Translation Requests. Permission requests to translate the Operation World text should be directed to, and approved in writing by Pieter Kwant, The Piquant Agency, 4 Thornton Road, Carlisle, Cumbria CA3 9HZ, United Kingdom. www.PiquantEditions.com.
- Prohibited Uses. Any use beyond the permission granted in this Agreement, including but not limited to reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, performance, publication, or creation of derivative works of any of the Content, is strictly prohibited, without the express written consent of the Parties.
- Disclaimer. This Website is provided by the parties on an "as is" basis, and the parties makes no representation or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the operation of the Website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this Website. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, the parties disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including fitness for a particular purpose. The parties will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- Links. This Website may contain links to other sites. The Parties are not responsible for either the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
- Modification of Agreement. The Parties reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove, any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time. Notification of changes in the Agreement will normally be posted on this Website.
- Governing Law and Forum. This Website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by the Parties from its offices within the United States of America. It can be accessed from all fifty states, as well as from other countries around the world. By accessing this Website both you and the Parties agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of the Operation World text and/or the Content of this Website. You and the Parties also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts sitting in the State of Colorado, at the Parties option, with respect to such matters, and you hereby consent to extra-territorial service of process, provided, however, that at the election of the Parties any disputes arising out of, or in connection with, this Agreement or your use of this site or the Content shall be resolved solely by Christian conciliation as set forth in Paragraph 12 below.
- Dispute Resolution. All parties to this Agreement desire to avoid dissipating resources on wasteful litigation and therefore agree to resolve disputes privately by good faith negotiation where at all possible. Any dispute which all parties cannot resolve by negotiation shall, at the exclusive option of the Parties, be submitted to Christian mediation and/or arbitration under the rules of the Institute for Christian Conciliation, as currently set forth at www.HisPeace.org. The Institute for Christian Conciliation, or any comparable entity designated by the Parties, shall also serve as the administrator for such proceedings. Any arbitration award issued by the mediator shall be final, binding, and enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction. You understand that these methods shall be your sole remedy for any controversy or claim arising out of this agreement or the subject matter hereof, and you expressly waive your right to file a lawsuit or claim against the Parties for such disputes, except to enforce an arbitration decision. You expressly acknowledge and agree that the Parties may file a lawsuit in any court or other tribunal to enjoin any actions which violate the Parties valuable intellectual property rights in the Operation World text, the Content and/or any of the Parties trademarks. In any proceeding, under this paragraph, reasonable attorneys’ fees shall be paid by the losing party. This provision shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- Severability. If for any reason a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.